Come join the first Basildon 10km running event in the beautiful and picturesque surroundings of Gloucester Park. Run for fun, run for health or run for a time on this flat and fast course.
Burn off those chocolate Easter eggs whilst running alongside the luscious lakes and ponds of the park.
RunHappyRunHealthy are working alongside Great Ormond Street to create fun races across the South-East that give runners an opportunity to enjoy their running, keep fit and stay healthy whilst helping the lives of young children in hospital care.
Route for the event :
Starting inside the running track with one lap and then heading out right into the park, you will be pleased to hear we avoid any monstrous hills !! Between the first and second kilometre the run follows a grass and then gravel trail around the furthest pond in the park. The run then stays on a footpath which hugs the perimeter of the park and heads towards the newest water feature (3km) before heading up in the direction of Basildon Sporting Village. Through an underpass and along the path (4km) parallel to Upper Mayne road the run then re-enters Gloucester Park over a bridge. Turning left back into the park and a small loop back up to the corner for 5km before heading right past the sports centre and right again to 6km. Back along the grass and gravel trail this time looping to the long path next to the lake. At the end of the lake runners turn left and follow the path around the head of the lake before coming back towards the sports centre for the final time (9km) and then running back to the track for one lap to finish (10km).
On the day:
• Race numbers are to be collected track side the registration desks will have volunteers to give out race numbers (which will be in first name alphabetical order)
• Safety pins for number attachment are available on the day
• The sporting village has toilets and an area for changing and leaving bags etc.
• The race will start at 9:00am
• There will be marshals at all major junctions
• There will be a water station at 5km available
• All finishers are to receive a bespoke vibrant medal, a snack, and water.
• Prizes for male and female 1st, 2nd and 3rd runners
• Photos and videos will be taken around the course. If you do not wish to appear on any social media pages (Facebook, Instagram) or our website please tick the disclaimer.
• Official times will be posted by the end of the day
• Refreshments after the race can be found inside the café of the Sporting Village.