RACE DAY INSTRUCTIONS FOR SOUTH DARENTH AND HORTON KIRBY 10KM ON SUNDAY 11th FEBRUARY
On the day:
1) PARKING : Horton Kirby Bowls Club ( Horton Rd, South Darenth, Dartford DA4 9AZ) have kindly provided their car park from 8am . Please note there is limited parking on Horton Road between the entrance of the Heathside and the Village Hall. The Village Hall also has limited capacity. As such it will be first come first parked on the day. There are surrounding roads but please be respectful of residents in the local villages.
2) RACE NUMBER COLLECTION : There will be a registration desk inside the Village Hall open from 7:30am to collect your race numbers. The village hall is about a 50metre walk along Horton Road away from the viaduct. Please state your first name as numbers will be in name alphabetical order with the volunteers at the registration desk. There will be a limited number of safety pins on the day so please bring some to attach your number to your top.
3) INDOOR AREA / Toilet facilities and changing : The Village Hall is booked from 7:30am-10:30am and you can leave your bags/clothing there whilst running and return there after to collect. Please note the facility will not be locked so any valuables would be advised to be left locked in your car. There will be toilet facilities available in the Village Hall.
4) START OF THE RACE : The race starts behind the Village Hall in the Heathside. You will be able to walk through the back of the Village Hall to the start line. There will be a 5 minute warning and then a 2 minute warning for runners to get themselves to the start. A brief route recap will commence after the 2 minute warning and then, on your marks and GO at 8:30am…..out of the Heathside turn right.
5) DURING THE RACE : There will be marshals, signs and kilometre markers throughout the whole course. At approximately halfway there will be a WATER STATION (at the top of Mussenden Lane). Please continue to follow the instructions of the marshals on the day and the direction signs.
IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE: PLEASE STAY ON PAVEMENTS WHERE YOU CAN AND TO THE LEFT OF ANY ROAD. One exception is GOING OUT OF WESTMINSTER FIELDS TURN RIGHT AND STAY ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE STREET IN HORTON KIRBY PAST THE FIGHTING COCKS PUB. On the way back up Rays Hill and into Mussenden it is recommended you carefully go back over to the left hand side. Thank-you. Marshalls will be at all major junctions.
6) END OF THE RACE : Congratulations you will have completed 10 kilometres ! Maybe even burnt off some left over Christmas calories and achieved a new best time along the way. You will receive a medal at the end of the race and there will be a snack and some water for you too.
If you wish to return to the Village Hall to recover and recuperate you are welcome. The toilet facilities will remain open throughout the morning of the race.
7) POST RACE : Race results and race pictures will be available at www.runhappyrunhealthy.co.uk as well as our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61553699960623
Details of all our upcoming races will also be available through these sites.
8) THANK-YOU : This is the first South Darenth and Horton Kirby 10km race and your support has been integral in getting it off the ground !
RACE DAY RESULTS
Please click below to download a PDF of the times recorded in the New Ash Green 10KM Race held on 1st January 2024
NAG Results PDF