Monday 1st January 2024
Save £5 booking online. On day entry fee will be £29
Come join the first local 10km race of the year at New Ash Green. Fun, fast, and flat (for the first 6km anyway !!) with friendly support all the way round.
Start the new year with a great new event and get those legs turning ready for 2024.
RunHappyRunHealthy are working alongside Great Ormond Street to create fun races across the South-East that give runners an opportunity to enjoy their running, keep fit and stay healthy whilst h helping the lives of young children in hospital care.
Route for the event :
Starting at the Pavilion in New Ash Green run out to follow Ash Road onto Redhill Road. A long downhill section (through 1km) ends with a sharp left into N Ash Road, follow this past Spring Cross (2km), Manor Forstal and Knights Croft before turning right into Ash Road. A short way along Ash Road to the 3km mark and then diagonally right down Church Road. Follow Church Rd all the way to the junction with Grange Lane and you will have just past 4km. Turn right down Grange Lane and another downwards section towards the junction with Hartley Bottom Road where you will turn right and continue along past 6km to the right hand junction with Hartley Hill. Work hard up here and be rewarded with passing 7km at the top and re-joining Church Road back to the junction with Ash Road at 8km. Here you will turn right towards the main roundabout and then sweep left along Chapel Wood Road. Follow the pavement all the way past the 9km sign and the Royal Oak pub (no stopping !) and then a left into Butlers Place and back to the finish at the Pavilion !
On the day:
- Race numbers to be collected inside the registration room on Race Day inside the pavilion. You will be emailed your race number and can either provide this or your name at the registration desk
- Safety pins for number attachment are available on the day
- There are changing facilities and showers available on the day
- The race will start at 10.30am
- There are marshals at all major junctions
- PLEASE BE AWARE THE ROADS ARE NOT CLOSED AND AS SUCH PLEASE KEEP TO THE LEFT HAND SIDE AT ALL TIMES. THERE WILL BE OUTRIDERS (CYCLISTS SUPPORTING RUNNERS) ALONG THE ROUTE AND THERE ARE PLENTY OF SIGNS TO INFORM ANY ROAD USERS OF THE RACE. IT IS UNLIKELY THE COUNTRY BACK ROADS WILL HAVE ANY MAJOR TRAFFIC FLOW AND SIMILARLY BEING NEW YEARS DAY AT 10AM-11AM TRAFFIC FLOW IS EXPECTED TO BE MINIMAL AROUND THE TOWN ROADS.
- There will be refreshments available from inside the pavilion
- All finishers to receive a bespoke vibrant medal, a snack and water
- Prizes for male and female 1st, 2nd and 3rd runners
- Photos and videos will be taken around the course. If you do not wish to appear on any social media pages (facebook , Instagram) or our website please tick the disclaimer.
- Official times will be posted by the end of 1st January on our website.
RACE DAY INSTRUCTIONS
We hope you have all had a Happy Christmas and look forward to seeing you on New Years Day. Please note that the details below have already been sent to your emails and may be in your inbox or junk mail.
On the day:
1) PARKING : The car park at the pavilion (The Pavilion, Punch Croft, New Ash Green, Longfield DA3 8HS) has a capacity for around 50 cars. As such it will be first come first parked on the day. There are surrounding roads but please be respectful of residents in nearby Punch Croft who I’m sure would not want their road filled with cars. The nearby town centre has plenty of free parking too. Parking down Redhill Road is common, but as this is part of the run route this again is not advisable.
2) RACE NUMBER COLLECTION : There will be a registration desk open from 9:30am OUTSIDE THE PAVILION as the pavilion does not open until 10am. At 10am the registration desk will move inside. Please state your name and number which will be sent to you as a separate email to this one. Please also BRING SAFETY PINS as a limited number will be available on the day, thank-you.
3) INDOOR AREA / Toilet facilities and changing : Just to re-iterate the pavilion does not open till 10am. As such use of the toilet and changing facilities will be from 10am.
4) START OF THE RACE : There will be a 5 minute warning and then a 2 minute warning for runners to get themselves to the start. A brief route recap will commence after the 2 minute warning and then, on your marks and GO at 10:30am.
5) DURING THE RACE : There will be marshals, signs and kilometre markers throughout the whole course. At approximately halfway there will be a WATER STATION (at the bottom of Grange Lane as you turn right into Hartley Bottom Road). Please continue to follow the instructions of the marshals on the day and the direction signs. There will be a support runner at the rear of the race.
IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE: PLEASE STAY TO THE LEFT OF ANY ROAD AT ALL TIMES. On the way back up Church Road some front runners may be coming back to exit Ash Road as other runners are starting to descend along Church Road towards Grange Lane. As such PLEASE STAY ON THE LEFT THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE RUN, thank-you.
6) END OF THE RACE : Congratulations you will have completed 10 kilometres ! Maybe even burnt off some yorkshire pudding or roast potatoes along the way. You will receive a medal at the end of the race and there will be a snack and some water for you too.
If you wish to return to the pavilion to recover and recuperate you are welcome. They have toilet and shower facilities as well as a bar area for beverages and snacks.
7) INTO THE NEW YEAR : Race results and race pictures will be available at www.runhappyrunhealthy.co.uk as well as our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61553699960623
Details of all our upcoming races will also be available through these sites.
8) THANK-YOU : This is the first New Ash Green 10km race and your support has been integral in getting it off the ground !